My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Gig Life

I havent done a real sort of "written update" in a long time, so I figure that I would do just that. Tonights topic is musical.

I dont have much going on right now, so it would seem. Camplight Conduit slowly became not a band after I joined. So for the past month or so I have been bandless. Though ive kept myself somewhat busy reguardless.

Theres a fine band called Drive All Night. It consists of some very good friends of mine, john and jeff. Being the new year conquest that ive decided to take upon myself, I told them that I would love to play drums for them. Will this happen? Who knows. Probably not, haha but Ive been listening a lot cause the songs are awesome and also so I may learn them. Ive been doing pretty good. So ive been doing that.

Recently Jared told me that this dude Scott that has been recording with him, is looking for people to learn his songs, since he writes everything, guitars, bass, drums and vocals. so that he may start playing them out. So ive started doing that as of like, 4 days ago.

I have another idea along with my friend Todd. That I would also like to incorporate my other friend Mark in as well. Todd told me today he has some riff ideas. Which makes me VERY excited. Considering I for some reason just cant picture myself REALLY ever getting to work with Todd. Cause life is normally unfair to me(or us all) and I am genuinely amped in getting to be in a band with a person who is not only good at music but an awesome dude and person to just be around.

Jeremy also called me up about possibly doing something as well. So who knows what will come of that. I also told Jeremy that I would love to help him with Candy Shop, which his clothing line that he is trying to do. He's doing it himself now, so if he needs an extra hand at anytime during printing his stuff or anything, to give me a phone call. Id get to see Jeremy more too!

Also, a fellow by the name of Joe just moved here to Rhode Island. He lives with Pete. He plays bass in a band already, but brought up when he gets home, starting a little project with some friends of his whom ive met and became friends with as well. So thats another possibility.

AND me and derek might just fuck around and write songs only consisting of us as members. Derek will write both guitars and bass, sing, i might even try to sing and ill also play drums. Just for fun and to work with each other and see each other more often.

Not to mention ALL the ideas listed above pretty much may consist of Derek being in them haha, so hey.

So out of 6 possible bands to be apart of MAYBE ill score one of them! I hope so! Ill even do all 6 of them. fuck it. I have nothing to do, no extremely important "other" to worry about. So why not fill my life up with the only thing that seems to bring me joy in this life. MUSIC.

I already as of now this early in the game cannot say that I am not TRYING. Ive put myself out there to friends in bands telling them I want in, I have said YES and that im interested in any sort of project anyone wants to start and would like me involved. Ive even tryed to start one with some friends.

I thought it would be a lot harder than this, so maybe im not really trying at all? Maybe I just think that I am to some how fulfill my goal for this year to make attempts at things, seize and take advantage of the opportunitites that I create or are offered. Or maybe its really just THAT simple...

I guess in the end its all that you can do. Ive planted seeds both in music and in relationships. All you can do is see if they grow.

Spring time is going to be here before you know it. Im not a religious man, but im praying for flowers.

1 comment:

Phil said...

keep at it broseph. you'll find a solid rock'n'roll band.