My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dedication Blog

Now, this seems VERY weird to me for some reason, why im not exactly sure. So ill just get right to it.

There is a gentleman by the name of Stephen Christian. Many people might not know him by name but would very much recognize him as the singer for the band Anberlin. I dont know him personally, though ive stood next to him once last summer, but he does seem like an intelligent fellow and very down to earth. Inspiration is inspiration none-the-less so in reality it really doesnt matter where you get it from. Hell, Rich inspired me to get this blog in the first place by making it seem like a lot of fun, which it is.

To the point, with the turn of this new year and my recap post I've said numerous times what this year means for me. Things might still not "happen" for me,whatever that even means, but that really isnt the goal of this. Its to make attempts. To do things as different as possible than I have done in previous years of my life. Whatever the outcome is, I cannot be ashamed and I must accept the consequences of the actions that I do. Cause its the chance that you take. Id rather take them and deal with whatever comes than to not do them at all and always wonder, what would have became. 

Stephen has a blog, widely followed across the world id imagine called The Modesty Writers Guild. Its a blog that I follow and enjoy reading. On December 31st the blog was updated with a blog called "reject acceptance. accept rejection". I read through this blog and yelled "THATS IT! Thats exactly it!" I found, in this other mans words, EXACTLY what this year encompassed to me. I found it a little strange to be honest, why, i dont know, but there it was and it made me smile and gave me a little bit more ambition to really "try" when a certain situation or opportunity is at hand.

This year will be probably very long, maybe it will feel short. Maybe Ill get some opportunities shot my way, maybe ill make some happen. There could be a lot of disappointment, there could also be fantastic outcomes which fill me up more than I ever have before. No one ever really knows. There are things I want, (a)Person(s)I want, places I want to see, will I get them? As long as I do all I can, I think that I'll be alright. It might hurt at times, but Ive survived this long havent I?

"so this upcoming year all i am asking is that you simply try. i know it sounds easy, but its not because sometimes it hurts to hear no. but what if, just what if there is a yes to be found amongst the no."

1 comment:

jill elise said...

I like "expect the best, accept the worst" better