My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cowboy Bebop!



I discovered this cartoon while i was in high school. i used to watch Conan O'Brien then flip to Adult Swim and i ended up watching an episode and i got sucked in. Most intense. I stayed up till 2am even though i had to get up at 6am for school, i didnt care.

Now like EVERYTHING it seems, i always leave things on a "To Do" list for YEARS later. i found out about Cowboy Bebop in like 2002, its now 2009 and im FINALLY getting the complete set. Bandi even put out a 6 dvd box set with the movie and a soundtrack in 2003 that ran for about, $200. I saw one in Suncoast at the mall once, i just refused to pay that much. So i never ended up getting it. Id check for it here and there on Ebay, still not wanting to pay THAT much for it. I could have also gotten the 6 sold seperatly sessions, but i was always weary if i was REALLY getting all 26 episodes and who wants 6 DVDs?

So last week it popped in my head, "hey,whatever happened with that". I looked on Ebay and ended up finding a couple "perfect sessions" DVDs. That i guess were put out by some production company in Hong Kong. It was cut down to 3 discs and sold for like, $40. I ended up bidding on one and winning it for $24. Good beans!

So now im going to watch it. over over and over again. SO GOOD. I am so pumped i finally own this!


2 comments:

wind.in.the.willows said...

Rumor has it they are making this into a live action film. can't wait.

btw i moved finally!

Matthew Richard said...

REEAAAALLLLLLY now, i am very much interested in this.

im probably gonna love it.

it seems really late though, 98 only making this now in 09. weird?