My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pick ups



All under $10 or under, can't go wrong!

1. Reggie and the full effect- "greatest hits 84-87"-second nature recordings-clear orange/316 (2nd press)
2. Alkaline Trio- "Agony and Irony"-Epic-black 180g/???
3. Bayside- "Sirens and Condolences"-Victory Records- marble yellow/525
4. The Casket Lottery- "Real Fear"-No sleep records- Translucent Light Blue/300

I really like how the Blue came out on the new Casket Lottery. When ordering I was sort of like blue transparent, bleh, but I actually really enjoy it. Looks like the Touche Amore split 7" just not pink.

Went back on my Bayside speal, whatever! Had second thoughts and remembered I actually really enjoy the songs on that record. Plus the price was too right.

Fond memories with that Reggie LP. I had a friend in high school that I met in my English class in freshman year. He wore a different Metallica shirt everyday and love megadeth, pink floyd and shit like that. I also at the time loved hardcore. I scribbled band names on my folder like Hatebreed, Converge, Floorpunch, etc but I also dig tunes like Get up kids, Elliott, hot rod circuit and The Anniversary, some how we got a talking and ended up buds and from there he went from a dude who loved Metallica to a dude who loved all kinds of Emo stuff. Then ventured off on his own to love more instrumental stuff like Mogwai, album leaf, etc. I think he's the one who got me into explosions in the sky. All this is rather useless info but to the story, he had this tiny ass geo metro or something, we used to spin it out into snow banks in the school lot for fun and he put a sound system in it for whatever reason and we used to crank the bass just to see who could get nauseated first. Anytime we would roll up to a light and someone next to us was pumping rap real hard we'd blast "doot doot pause doot doot" crank the bass and look over and be all like "sup fool".

No comments: