My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pick ups



Dan Andriano In the Emergency Room- "Hurricane Season"-Asian Man Records-Black/500
Polar bear club- "Chasing Hamburg"- Bridge 9 Records- Gold/2000
Title fight- "Floral Green"- Side One Dummy- Green/2350(Technically 2500 but 150 have Record Release covers)
Quarters volume One Comp. 7" w/ Small Brown Bike, etc- Atarms Mechanics- Clear Red/???

These are the recent grabs. Great prices for all. The Quarters Volume 1 comp cuts my small brown bike collection down to just 1 more 7" and it is complete!

The Dan Adriano record I had downloaded when it came out and didnt think much of it. A friend of mine purchased the pre-order package(a big fan) and has 3 or 4 of the colors and decided to just give me the black copy. Gave it a few more spins and its not so bad. I really love the last song "From This Oil Can", sort of reminds me of Rocky Votolatos "streetlights".

Title Fight is a band that is huge right now. Personally never really took to them. Tried to give "Shed" a chance to see what all the hooplah was about and I didnt really enjoy it. Thought half of it was okay. The more hardcore rough edged songs didnt grab me but the more alternative indie-esque tunes did. I may revisit it. Gave them another shot with "Floral Green". A friend of mine told me that some magazine(i think he said SPIN) or whatever had compaired it to Sunny Day Real Estate. Although that compairson is completely flase and innacurate it was enough to peak my interest. Highly enjoyable record. Only dislike 1 song on it. Was lucky enough to find it on Green vynil since I am 2 months or so late and it has been repressed on black.




No comments: