My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Newspaper.



I was in it the other day. Small local paper for the city of Johnston where the company I work for is. Its a small franchised owned print shop. The headline says it all really. A small local shop, surviving off local businesses, which in this economy is very hard. Considering many local businesses, not to mention print shops, have closed down. Thankfully we are left standing. However with the insane rise of Health Insurance percentages, which my boss/myself have to pay out of our income. Who knows how long insurance will last.

I am thankful to have insurance. I've only had it a year but I've used it. It may not be the best coverage ever but its good to have. Even though I am paying about $150 a month to have it. Though it could be worse. I could not have it at all or I could be paying a hell of a lot more to have it if I paid for it personally. Thankfully when our rates went up last year my boss told me that I'm going to be paying the same amount and that he is going to cover the extra amount due to the raise. At what point though is that going to stop? Until I either have to pay more, which I don't think I could afford OR my work cannot afford to cover the amount of money to continue my current rate/insurance policy thus canceling my coverage.

Its a crazy thing unfortunate thing.

No comments: