My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Australian Snacks!

The first interaction I've ever had with anything to do with "Australian Food" is this video right here. Its a Warped Tour video from a band called The Academy Is. One of the members of the band is Australian. That member being the infamous Michael Guy Chislett.


So needless to say when I first met my Australian friends I immediately asked them about Vegemite. After watching this video, my expectations weren't all that high...

And after trying Vegemite you can see that my expectations were right on this one. Its SO salty.
However, Australia has plenty of other great things to offer. They also seem to be A LOT better than things here in America. Using the word "healthy" I don't think would be correct, but they are still leaps ahead of us.

Here is a Cadbury "Crunchie" bar, which we do not have over here in the states.

Another Cadbury product "Furry Friends" showcasing the fine wildlife Australia has to offer

Here is what Dunkaroos look like in Australia. Not only is the Kangaroo different than the one advertised in America but instead of using that gross processed frosting, this uses Hazelnut Nutella.

Last but not least, The Nestle Milky Bar. I can't even begin to explain how much in love I am with this. I'm a large fan of white chocolate. This bar takes it to a whole new level.

No comments: