My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pick ups


1. Fairweather- "Lusitania"- Enjoy The Ride Records- Clear green & Blue/200 (ETR exclusive)
2. Panic at The Disco- "Pretty Odd"- Fueled By Ramen- Black/2500 (2nd press w/out the bells and whistles)
3. The Honorary Title- "Scream & Light Up The Sky"- Doghouse Records- Black/500
4. Kind Of Like Spitting- "Nothing Makes Sense Without It"- Slowdance Records- Black/???

VERY happy with all of these. Lusitania 10 years later finally sees a vinyl release. Came out great too. My favorite is the C side, the blue splatter looks so cool, has a lot of depth.

Panic at the disco was a impulse save for later buy. Not many(even though tons) people enjoy the band or atleast this record. I think mainly it was cause "a fever you cant sweat out" got re-released and I some how couldn't get a hold of it. So I said "if i cant get the other, i wil get this one". I did spin the record a lot at the time of its release. Some what enjoyable. Side A is pretty consistent, falls off on side B excluding the last song "mad as rabbits". Not sure how long I'll hold onto it.

The Honorary title LP was one I purchased along the Panic at the disco LP. It was also a bit of a whim pick up. I haven't listened to the record in a few years but remember enjoying it at the time despite falling off. Justifiable reason for really grabbing it was remembering the song "far more" was fantastic. Boy am I glad I grabbed it. I'm in love with it now.

Words cannot really express how thrilled I am to have picked up this KOLS release. Saw one go for a bit of money recently and since I am an Ebay fiend and am constantly searching on a daily basis(i know, shocking, right? im sure you had no idea...) I happen to come across this one for a buy it now $10-$13 cheaper than what I had seen another copy go for not even a week ago. Only 1 more release to go and I have all the LP versions of the releases I really enjoy from Ben.(i am choosing to not hunt out 2 others).

No comments: