My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pick ups


1. Motion City Soundtrack- Even If It Kills Me 2xLP- Epitaph Rec.- Black/???
2. Motion City Soundtrack- Commit This To Memory- Epitaph Rec.- Black/???
3. Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American- Universal UK- Black/??? Back to Black Version (Technical 6th press?)
4. Minus The Bear- Infinity Overhead- Dangerbird Records- 180 gram Clear/???

New things that came in! Very vague on all of it, heres the run down!

After trying for many months I just could not win a color copy of Motion City "Commit this to Memory" for the price I was willing to pay, So I gave up after I saw black vinyl copies starting to show up on Ebay as "Tour Edition". Being a smart person I went to Epitaphs webstore and there it was. SO JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, BLACK COPIES ON EBAY ARE NOT TOUR EDITION. It sucks seeing people pay $30+ for something that is simply just a repressing on black vinyl that costs $10 from a webstore. I am not sure how to title it since its only my assumption that it is 2nd press on black vinyl. Of course they're selling it on tour, Its a piece of merchandise to be sold! So please if you are reading this, don't be fooled!

Motion Citys "Even if it kills me" is another tough grab that I figured out while looking for "commit this to memory". This LP is also my assumption that it is a 2nd press that will simply never be acknowledged as such. To my knowledge the first pressing of this LP was limited to 1000 and was in a gatefold sleeve sold for around 19.99. This is also in the Epitaph store for only $12 and is in a single LP sleeve. Looking for information quickly just now, I cannot find concrete proof that the first press was actually in a gatefold. I do know that this release was sold out for a minute at one time. Pressing info will most likely just keep climbing in numbers im sure. If theres a market, It will stay in print.

Jimmy Eat Worlds "Bleed American" has recently just been repressed yet again by Universal UK as a single LP(FINALLY!) as a part of a series called BACK TO BLACK. I am so pleased to finally get to own this album on vinyl. I could never see myself paying the money for a first or second press copy and the 3xLP version has never apealed to me considering the A-B side is the ONLY thing that I would listen to out of the 3 LPs. This is an Import release and I was lucky enough to promptly order mine from Shop Radio Cast. I am not sure how to aquire a copy if they are sold out. Good Luck!

No comments: