My photo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heavy Petty

Now, I wouldn't even call myself a "Tom Petty Fan". To most, that might result in me being called an idiot but, I know the hits, I know Tom Petty. This song however, is completely fucking awesome! It's heavy, dirty, southern and it could not make me love it any more.

I heard it during a skateboard segment (one of many) that my friend Mark Choiniere does. I immediately recognized the voice and said "holy shit this Tom Petty song rules" and went to go find out what it was. 

The only bad part of this is, is that I REALLY wanted my band to cover it. Since it ideally fits our sound more than anything possibly could have. Sadly this song is on Tom Petty and The Heart breakers newest Record called "Mojo". Which came out this year. I'm not too sure if you are aware of the "things you just don't do" list, most notably is wearing the bands shirt that you're going to see, etc. I feel covering a song, regardless of how old and timeless the artist is, that only came out the present year to just be poor decision making but boy do I wish that this song came out a decade earlier.

head bang.

No comments: